Jio MNP: Today’s world, which doesn’t need fast internet, unlimited calling and good network. But many times we choose such a network provider in which these facilities are only in name. So today in this article we are going to tell you how you can port your number to any other telecom company.
You must have also heard someone around you saying that network is not coming, internet speed is not good or there is a problem of call drop. If you have the same problem then this article is for you.
MNP (Mobile Number Portability) is a service with the help of which you can use the SIM of another telecom company without changing the number. Let’s know how to do SIM port.
Jio MNP: How to port your mobile number from Airtel, Vi and BSNL to Jio
Get the port done through SMS
- To get ported, first you have to send an SMS from your phone to 1900.
- In this message, after PORT, you have to enter your phone number by giving a space.
- Shortly after sending the SMS, a unique porting code will be sent to your phone.
- You will have to go to your nearest Jio store with this code.
- At the store, you will be asked for your Aadhar card and unique unique card, after which the store operator will give you a new SIM card.
- Your number will be ported to Jio within a few days of paying the port fee.
Port online like this
- Apart from SMS, you can also port by visiting the company’s website (jio.com).
- First you have to visit https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-postpaid-home-delivery-book-appointment.html website.
- Here you have to enter your phone number and tap on Generate OTP button. It will send OTP in text form to your mobile number.
- The OTP received on the phone has to be entered.
- After this you will be asked your home address in a new screen. Here you will have to give information like your home address, pin number, flat / house number and landmark.
- Now click on confirm and tap on submit button for SIM delivery request.
- After this whole process, another OTP will come on your phone, which will have to be shared with the Jio executive when it arrives.
- After this whole process, once you have to generate a unique code by messaging as we have mentioned above.